Personal Property Insurance

The university is not responsible for the loss or damage of any personal property of students or visitors. Students are responsible for insuring their personal property.

If a student's personal belongings brought on campus are not covered under their homeowner's or tenant's policy, personal property insurance should be purchased.  

A policy designed especially for students is being provided by Harleysville Insurance Companies through their broker, Haylor, Freyer & Coon, Inc.  Please visit HFC's website at and click on "Personal Property" for a detailed brochure, policy coverage details, premium rates, and online enrollment. Coverage is offered with limits ranging from $2,000 to $20,000 and deductibles of $50 or $100.